My Blog List

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sewer Treatment Plant

At the Sewer Treatment plant, I learned about just how much work goes into cleaning our water. When I first arrived, I honestly thought it was just a simple once-thru purifying system, but I found out it's much more than that. There are so many different steps that go into cleaning the city's water, something most people probably never think about. I also learned about all of the stuff that's going on, even on the microscopic level, with the little bugs eating all of the waste and being recycled back again.

I think we should definitely think more about what's going into our water. We should also not be so careless about using water. Little things such as turning the water off when you're brushing your teeth or taking 5 minutes off of your daily shower time can make a big difference.


Recycling:
Recycling is a simple and fun way to help out the environment. You can recycle pretty much anything, depending on where you go. I will definitely recycle again. I didn't know it was as simple as it is, and it definitely helps out our environment. Plus, it's right on the way to my boyfriend's  house, so I think maybe when I'm going over there I'll just stop by the recycling bins and drop some stuff off.

No comments:

Post a Comment